Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summertime.

Summertime brings out a different neurosis in me... go figure. I stress quite happily about "how to fit it all in". I mean, shoot, this weekend has a 5K, a visit from family, and an Old Town Arts Fair. How do we make it all happen and make it to the Daley Plaza farmers market, make my pants fit again, see the lake and enjoy the first day of Blues Fest! Holy moly, the sky's the limit. More like naptime is the limit. I can take that. I think that the summer day of June tomorrow looks a whole lot like this and I couldn't be more pleased: A ride to the Plaza A farmer's Market A Blues song and home. Friday will be the 5K Saturday will be the trip down to the Arts Fair, no matter what. Mark and Jen and Jupiter and Asa can get up and join us stat. We'll hopefully be there when the gates open and home in time for nap. You see, its been a few years and I am dying to make it this year. Dying, I tell ya, dying. Other reasons I love summertime is the afternoon nap, bedtime yoga, the night out with my sister on a work day, bloggoing at 9:36, ranting and raving about how to fit it all in, thikning of pools, swimming, lakes and warm hot humid weather. Bring it but bring it slowly! By summer's end here is what I would love to have experienced: Vacation to great places Morning bike rides to the gym Slow walks with Bup Cubs game Festivals- Old Town Arts, Old Town School of Music, Fat Tire Early afternoon grant park concerts Camping Nature, nature, nature Gallery walks BBQs with good folks and friends Dance classes 15 pounds removed Farmers Markets Mosaics and gardening

No comments: