Saturday, June 15, 2013

O-L-D or is it Adjusting to 40?

Getting older, on the vanity side, sucks. Getting older on my narcasisstic side, sucks. In two and a half years the change in aging has been remarkable and I feel that it needs acceptance and change in management. Getting older (aka hitting 40) for me means you have great fun, a great family, great ability to give a shit about what you think matters, and to have the lucky fortune to indulge most whims without financial worry. I thank the heavens and the Buddah for that. But with the passing of my younger days, I miss the ability to have supple skin, thin arms, nap time, and the lacking responsibility which allowed for trips to the NYC at 2:00 after a round of tennis and a spinny disposition on a fine June afternoon. I miss this and love the new version of living but do miss the younger days. Its a strange hypocracy. I love the new 40 situation and I miss the pre-40 situations. Here is what 40 is bringing for the rest of the month of June and I love it. Sleeping Bear Family Picnic with Denise and Tom Art Fairs Sleeping Bear Camping, hiking, and exploring. Bring it.

No comments: