Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lost Man.

I sleep somewhat occasionally. By this I mean, it is rare that I sleep at any substantial length. It's even rarer that I fall deep asleep. This has been a two year recent development. So when I do fall asleep deep and at a great length, it really is remarkable. Last night was one of those nights. Dreaming deep into slumber my mind took me to the bluest of skies and the whitest of cottony clouds. The view was tremendous and had snow capped mountian peaks. It was one of my favorite places on Earth- Lost Main Trail outside of Aspen. I love this hike. I love the views. I love its beauty. While dreaming of such heaven, the clock hits about 3 am and suddenly my dremy hike is interrupted by the most vicious Charlie horse ever known to man! Oh my god, I yelled in my dream. Turns out I yelled it out loud 'cause next thing I knew Noah was sitting up rubbing my calf as I kept yelping- Charlie Horse, Charlie Horse. Hmm... wonder how hiking will turn out this year. Now, can't wait to go to sleep and find myself this time at Oh Be Joyful and waking up to a fine a Charlie Horse in the other calf. Going to the Motherland, as I call the great state of Colorado, is worth any cramped up leg either real or imagined. Bring it! 53 Days and Counting.

No comments: