Monday, February 23, 2015

Funday versus Moanday

Upon the working Monday, it would often be nicknamed, "The Moanday". Early risings, jarring injection into multiple children, and a full week ahead of ourselves until family time starting Fraturday night brought on the appreciative moans. Now a a days, Moanday has transferred into My Day. Its the day of the week where I do only what I want and I tend to love this day as much as any weekend 24 hour. Counting disability benefits, here. So this morning, My Day brings me to the coffee shop to hear what's going on around me and a wakeup to some kick ass artwork! Upon arrival at a sunny spot by the window with a warm cup of coffee, I find myself next to those discussing the demons. Demons? I got plenty of those.... what demons are they talking about, I wonder. So up goes the newspaper and I pretend to be reading carefully and spend the moments eavesdropping. Here is what I found out they believe.... if you are grappling with your sexuality and are not leaning towards the hetero, you are demonized. Specifically because, "intimate relations with a man and a man, I mean, gets the sperm into the wrong address. There's no egg or uterus there. Just demons!" So there you go. Never heard folks try to "realign" a person's sexuality by talking postal services. Disclaimer: I fully trust all postal services, UPS, FedEx and its ability to get things to all types of addresses- from the house to the apartment to the college dorm room. Young man, you're not demonized, you're alright. Change of address not required.

No comments: